As practitioners, we tackle a variety of challenges from identifying a problem to client specific interventions to successful outcomes.
While many clients recover fully, some may experience continued changes as a result of their medical condition, injury, or even aging. These changes can impact driving. Driving is one of the most valued and difficult task our patients engage in. If you have a patient who is experiencing a continued change in motor, vision, cognition, sensation, or coordination skills, referring to a driver rehabilitation specialist can help.
Driver rehabilitation specialists work with patients in the clinic and the car to determine safe transportation goals.
At Adaptive Mobility Services, our driver rehabilitation specialists are occupational therapists with advanced training in driving rehabilitation. We have a thorough understanding of medical conditions, evidenced based assessments specific for driving, and performance skills needed for fitness to drive. Our driver rehabilitation specialists will work with your patients in the clinic and in the car to determine a pattern of driving behaviors and provide outcomes.
Here are a Few Key Points about Adaptive Mobility:
- Our driving evaluation includes an in-vehicle time to assess actual driving potential
- We are local & will travel to your home
- Outcomes are reviewed directly with you and your family
- Prompt, clear, and timely evaluations are provided
- We are well versed in the PennDOT Medical Review process and able to provide support
- We specialize in cognitive changes and provide driving evaluation for seniors
We work with clients recovering from a range of medical conditions, including by not limited to:
- Brain injury
- Parkinson's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Amputation or limb loss
- Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Alzheimer's disease and other dementias
- Cardiac conditions
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Vision conditions including cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration
Referral & Scheduling
- To refer your patient to us, send your patient’s contact information with an order for “Occupational Therapy Driving Evaluation & Treatment”
- We will call your patient to schedule the comprehensive driving evaluation
Driving Evaluation Process
The comprehensive driving evaluation is a 3 step process.
Driving Evaluation Cost
The driving evaluation costs $350 to $550, depending on distance from our program’s office in Schuylkill County to your patient’s home. To determine cost to your client, please feel free to contact us!
Additional discounts may apply to your client when recent standardized tests & measures are provided, such as occupational therapy testing or neuropsych testing.
Are you looking for OT Driving Rehab Education?
Pennsylvania’s Expert Driver Assessment and Rehabilitation Services
Adaptive Mobility Services provides comprehensive driver evaluation and driver rehab services that are backed by years of specialized occupational therapy driver assessment and rehabilitation experience.
Serving southeastern Pennsylvania including Allentown, Harrisburg, Hershey, Reading, Pottsville, Orwigsburg, Philadelphia, and throughout the area, Adaptive Mobility Services is a true partner to achieve driving confidence and certainty for safe outcomes for all.
Call us at (484) 650-2280 for a free 20-minute driver safety consultation. Or complete our quick Driver Safety Quiz to determine if Adaptive Mobility Services are right for you or a family member. We are here to help you move forward.