Driving offers advantages of mobility, convenience, freedom, and personal independence. However, it also requires a wide range of physical and mental skills. From good hearing and vision to physical strength and coordination, driving requires the ability to make quick decisions and defensive actions to stay safe.
Adaptive Mobility Services is committed to helping drivers, and their families, enjoy the benefit of driving while taking responsibility for safety on the roads.
Driver Assessment and Rehabilitation Expertise
Susie Touchinsky, OTR/L, SCDCM, CDRS is an occupational therapy certified driver rehabilitation specialist, with experience as a driving instructor, and owner of Adaptive Mobility Services, LLC serving southeastern, PA and surrounding areas including Orwigsburg, Reading, Hershey, Harrisburg, Allentown, and throughout Pennsylvania.
For decades, Susie has been committed to helping drivers understand and improve their driving ability and confidence after medical illness, a major medical event, health conditions, and injury.
Susie offers extensive clinical and professional experience:
- Specialty Certification in Driving and Community Mobility (SCDCM) from the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Certified Driving Rehabilitation Specialist (CDRS) from the Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED)
- 20 years of experience with dementia and mild cognitive impairment patients
- 17 years of experience in driver rehabilitation
- Experience as a licensed driving instructor
- Training with Susan Pierce’s Adaptive Mobility Service, Inc.
- Worked for Johns Hopkins Hospital Driving Program
- Served as Director for Driving Rehabilitation at Genesis Rehab Services
- CarFit Instructor
- Teacher of occupational therapists on driving rehabilitation specialist instruction
- Lecturer, published author, and educator
Susie uses her experiences and training in driving rehabilitation and as a driving instructor to live her mission of providing exceptional care for all drivers and education for occupational therapy practitioners.
Pennsylvania’s Expert Driver Assessment and Rehabilitation Services
Adaptive Mobility Services provides comprehensive driver evaluation and driver rehab services that are backed by years of specialized occupational therapy driver assessment and rehabilitation experience.
Serving southeastern Pennsylvania including Allentown, Harrisburg, Hershey, Reading, Pottsville, Orwigsburg, Philadelphia, and throughout the area, Adaptive Mobility Services is a true partner to achieve driving confidence and certainty for safe outcomes for all.
Call us at (484) 650-2280 for a free 20-minute driver safety consultation. Or complete our quick Driver Safety Quiz to determine if Adaptive Mobility Services are right for you or a family member. We are here to help you move forward.