Driver Assessment and Rehabilitation Expertise
Susie Touchinsky, OTR/L, SCDCM, CDRS is an occupational therapy certified driver rehabilitation specialist, with experience as a driving instructor, and owner of Adaptive Mobility Services, LLC serving southeastern, PA and surrounding areas including Orwigsburg, Reading, Hershey, Harrisburg, Allentown, and throughout Pennsylvania.
For decades, Susie has been committed to helping drivers understand and improve their driving ability and confidence after medical illness, a major medical event, health conditions, and injury.
Susie offers extensive clinical and professional experience:
- Specialty Certification in Driving and Community Mobility (SCDCM) from the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Certified Driving Rehabilitation Specialist (CDRS) from the Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED)
- 22 years of experience with dementia and mild cognitive impairment patients
- 19 years of experience in driver rehabilitation
- Experience as a licensed driving instructor
- Training with Susan Pierce’s Adaptive Mobility Service, Inc.
- Worked for Johns Hopkins Hospital Driving Program
- Served as Director for Driving Rehabilitation at Genesis Rehab Services
- CarFit Instructor
- Teacher of occupational therapists on driving rehabilitation specialist instruction
- Lecturer, published author, and educator
Susie uses her experiences and training in driving rehabilitation and as a driving instructor to live her mission of providing exceptional care for all drivers and education for occupational therapy practitioners.