Ready to drive after an arm or leg injury? Wondering what equipment options are out there?
We’ve got you covered! Let’s explore driving with adaptive equipment!
Here are a few facts about adaptive equipment:
- There are lots of equipment options, from simple to complex.
- It helps you drive after a stroke, amputation, neuropathy, or any other range of conditions.
- Options including steering devices, left foot accelerators, hand controls, and more.
- Most equipment will fit into your current vehicle.
- It is fun and easy to learn to drive with adaptive equipment!
- Driver rehab specialists are the experts and ready to help you!
Who is the driver rehab specialist?
The driver rehab specialist is your first call when you are ready to drive with equipment. We have a good understanding of what you are going through and be able to help pick the equipment that fits your needs. In addition, working with a specialist will save you time & money by finding the equipment that fits you! Plus, we help you with training and the equipment relicensing process.
Driving with Adaptive Equipment Process
- Get a comprehensive driving evaluation with a driving specialist
- Be trained on customized adaptive equipment
- Complete adaptive equipment re-licensing process
- Receive a prescription for your specific equipment from your specialist
- Have equipment installed by a QAP installer
- Complete a final check out with Adaptive Mobility to ensure you’ve got what you need
At Adaptive Mobility, we specialize in helping drivers return to driving with adaptive equipment! Let us help you today.
Click here to listen as Susie describes the process for learning to drive with adaptive equipment.
To learn more about Adaptive Mobility’s Services, click here.
Want to changes lives? Become a driver rehabilitation specialist, click here.
Whether you need to relearn driving skills, you are looking to master adaptive driving technology, or you are concerned if a parent is still safe to drive, we are here to help.
Adaptive Mobility Services offers expert driver rehab services, driver evaluation, and adaptive equipment training to ensure safe driving for seniors in Orwigsburg, Allentown, Harrisburg, Hershey, greater Philadelphia, Schuylkill County, southeastern PA, and beyond.