Change Lives. Become a Driver Rehab Specialist!
“Becoming a Driver Rehab Specialist (DRS) has been the most rewarding experience of being an OT!
Terri Cassidy, OTD, OTR/L, CDRS
- Part 1 In the Clinic
- Part 2 In the Car
- Part 3 Mentorship
- Start by exploring the unique value of occupational therapy with driving.
- Then learn to select, complete, and use specific assessments to test performance skills for driving.
- After that, you will learn to understand and leverage research and practice to anticipate driving risk.
- In addition, you will be introduced to adaptive driving equipment so you can anticipate your client’s needs.
- During modules 8 and 9, you will explore diagnostic specific considerations.
- Finally, you will be introduced to key industry supports including vendors, regulatory bodies, and more.
“Being able to drive again, means everything to me. It means freedom & that I get to be a WHOLE person again.” Elaine
Part 2 Take the Wheel (7 ONLINE Courses + 3 Days LIVE)
Part 2 In the Car: Take the Wheel
is our most popular workshop. This workshop provides you with 7 online modules followed by practical, hands-on application of your skills with a Certified Driver Rehab Specialist in a driving rehab vehicle. This is where you will gain the skills and confidence to become the Driver Rehab Specialist in the passenger seat! Many will say, this course is a MUST for any OT entering the field of driving rehab. Enjoy this course after Part 1 In the Clinic: Building Blocks
. Also, learn about upcoming workshop dates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simply put, Part 2 In the Car: Take the Wheel
, an interactive course, teaches the OT to become the Driver Rehab Specialist and prepares you for the driving rehab car. We can’t underscore this enough! This course increases safety and decreases liability by giving you formal hands-on training and the chance to practice your skills before you get into a car with a patient!
Part 3 Mentorship Program: Growth Your Own Practice
Join Part 3: Mentorship to start and grow your own driving practice. During this mentorship, you will learn industry-tested tips, strategies, and methods! Specifically, our mentorship program provides you with 12 weeks of support to get your driving practice up and running.
During these 12 weeks, enjoy 12 hours of virtual meetings with your mentor. These dynamic meetings will focus on key concepts to help you establish, develop, and grow your own private practice.
- Learn industry-tested tips, strategies, & methods!
- Benefit from our experience to save yourself time & money.
- Save time & money by navigating the process of starting your program with ease & efficiency!
In addition to the 12 hours of virtual meetings, members will have unlimited email & phone access with their coach.
Finally, and most importantly, Part 3: Mentorship members receive unrestricted access to program guidelines, policy & procedures, documentation, welcome & intake reminders, and more!